Compressed files have become a norm these days for easy portability. If you are into computing, you need to go through the process of compressing and decompressing data. ZArchiver is one such great application that can handle all the tasks associated with compressed files and their decompression. How to download ZArchiver on your Android? We will explain how in this post.
What is ZArchiver?
As the name itself should be an indicator, ZArchiver is an archive management software. In fact, it can be considered to be the all in one solution for all your needs in compressed zip formats.
The tool is an industry-leading application in its genre. The tool has dual functionalities that work wonders. In addition to the ability to compress the files, it can also decompress and extract your compressed files with ease. In fact, when it comes to extraction, ZArchiver supports more formats than those supported for compression.
What Are the Features of ZArchiver That Would Make It Excellent?
ZArchiver is a great application that would help you extract or compress your files with ease. In fact, it can also decrypt the files that have been encrypted on other devices.
Some of the features that impressed us are
- Open any compressed file on your Android.
- The software works even with the password protected files and archives.
- The ZArchiver app can work from within the other applications such as mail.
- It supports a wider range of file formats while decompression.
- You should be able to edit the archives with ease.
The app also doubles up as a File manager on your device. Different compression levels like Normal, Fast, Fastest, Maximum and Ultra are supported.
The File Formats Supported
The tool excels with the huge list of supported file formats. In fact, that range of files formats supported makes it a one-stop solution for all your requirements in file compression and archiving.
Here is the list of supported formats –
- Compress and create archives in these formats – zip, 7z (7zip), gzip (gz), bzip2 (bz2), XZ, tar
- Extract Archives from these formats –zip, rar, 7z (7zip), rar5, gzip, bzip2, XZ, tar, arj, iso, cab, lha, lzma, lzh, xar, tbz, tgz, Z, rpm, deb, mtz, zipx, chm, cpio, dmg, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), cramfs, ecm, wim, arc (freearc)
- Editing the following formats are allowed – zip, tar, 7zip, apk, mtz
- Extracting from these split archives is allowed – zip, 7z, and rar (zip.001, 7z.001, part1.rar, z01)
That should indeed be a formidable list and should possibly explain why we consider ZArchiver as a all in one solution for compression and extraction of files.
How to download ZArchiver on your Android?
ZArchiver is available for free download on Google Play Store and can be downloaded for free. However, if you have any issues with access to Google Play Store, or do not want to install the app from Google Play Store for any reason, you may consider installing it from the APK file for the app.
If you have not installed any app using the APK file on your Android, you will need to enable the app installation from third-party sources. If you have been installing the apps using their APK files regularly, you may have already enabled the option and can skip this step. Follow the steps here below to enable Unknown Sources. If you are installing the app from Google Play Store, you need not go through this step.
- Go to Settings app on your Android device.
- Locate Privacy, Security or Applications tabs under settings.
- You should be able to find the option of enabling the Unknown Sources under any of these tabs. The exact location will depend upon the device model, manufacturer and the operating system version on your device.
- Toggle the option to enable Unknown Sources.
That does it. You should now be able to install any app using its APK file. Incidentally, this method of installing the apps bypassing Google Play Store is referred to as Sideload.
Now that you have enabled the app installation from third-party sources, you can go ahead and install the ZArchiver app from the APK. Here is how you would be able to do it.
- Download the APK file for ZArchiver from the appropriate sources. We have provided the download links at the end of this section. Please note the Google Play Store link is also provided for those who would want to install it from the official app store.
- Save the APK file in your phone memory.
- Once the download is complete, tap on the APK file you just downloaded. This will begin the installation.
- Confirm the installation prompt.
- Wait till the installation is complete.
That should do it. You have successfully installed the ZArchiver app on your Android device. Launch it and enjoy the world of unlimited compressions and extraction.
The app has a simple to understand interface so that even the newbies would be able to use the app with ease.
A Little Info On The App
App Name ——————————————————————-ZArchiver
Latest Version ——————————————————————0.8.5
App Size ——————————————————————3.3 MB
Last Updated —————————————————————–11/06/2017
Compatibility —————————————————————–Android 4.0 and above
ZArchiver – Download the Latest Version And Keep Updated
The ability to extract password protected files is what makes ZArchiver one of the best Archive management tools available for Android. In fact, you may also install it on your PC using the Android emulators.
Keep visiting us for all the updated information on ZArchiver APK. Bookmark us and we promise to keep you abreast of everything with respect to ZArchiver.